The template can easily be migrated in existing projects. To do this, follow these simple steps:
1. Create a temporary project from the downloaded template.
2. Migrate all files (main folder) into your project.
3. Set up the needed input. You can find the default input in the screenshot beneath this list
4. Place BP_GameController in your persistent level.
5. To use the save and load function, open your projects settings, go to Maps and Modes and
replace the default game instance with BP_GameInstance.
5.1. If you already use another game instance, add a variable (boolean) to your active game
instance called “LoadFromSlot?”. Then in BP_GameController at the top (the comment
says “Load Game from Slot”) there is a cast to node. Delete this node and create a new cast
to your active game instance. From this pull out the “LoadFromSlot?” variable. Within the Game Controller there are two functions: “PreLoad” and “LoadGame”. Open these functions and change the cast node there, too.